Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Airy's Art Opening

I attended my friend Airy's art opening last night with my friend Nikki. Airy featured an installation that included a slide show, found art objects, and a couple of beautiful drawings. She also showed three of her gorgeous films with the first multi-layered one being my favorite.

Afterwards, there was a happening that was performed by several of the other artists. It included our eyes taped shut while bright lights were shined at us. A breathy narrator told a story about going to the beach. Afterwards there was a group hug (I ran for the other room). Needless to say, I did not care for this piece filled with clichés and pseudo-spiritualism.

Nikki was not impressed with the happening...especially when it involved
having her wonderful eye makeup compromised.

No comments:

Post a Comment