Friday, May 17, 2013

SFAI MFA Show

Once again, I find myself perusing MFA art. Tonight it is for SFAI and there were some things I really liked. Overall, I found it stronger than the CCA MFA show.

One of my favorites was beautiful collages/paintings by Dianna Lindquist.

Dianna Lindquist



























Dianna Lindquist































Also intriguing was art by Allie Blanchard. It felt like a pagan Xmas fairytale injected with black humor. Great stuff.


Allie Blanchard





































Allie Blanchard






































Allie Blanchard







































Some of the most fun and playful work was by Mie Hørlyck Mogensen.


Mie Hørlyck Mogensen, Device for Listening




Mie Hørlyck Mogensen
Device for Listening, leather & ceramic











































Mie Hørlyck Mogensen
Bag to Yawn Into, leather & ceramic







































I was really glad to see work by Hanna Kunysz. I look forward to seeing more of her sculptures in the future.

Future Mountain on Wheels, 2013, Found Materials on Wheels, 4' x 2.5' x 2'

San Francisco, Site 30-G, 2045, 2013, Found Materials, 4' x 10" x 10"

No comments:

Post a Comment