Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Museum visit

Yes, it was a busy day as my friend and I made our final art stop at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, where they were featuring a show by Nayland Blake and Nathalie Djurberg.

I really enjoyed the queer works of Blake and especially found the installation work Ruins of a Sensibility full of personal memories and a strong sense of nostalgia crept over me. It conjured past experiences of staying at a nightclub until it closes and then stumbling home drunk wearing some crazy and skimpy outfit. Of course, I played a Peggy Lee record.




Nayland Blake
Ruins of a Sensibility
1972-2002 (with thanks to Lynne Tillman)
Records, electronic equipment, and plywood 
Dimensions variable






 The works of Nathalie were quirky, yet disconcerting with some rasist imagery in the stop motion video pieces. I would have liked to sit and watch them, but I was exhausted.



No comments:

Post a Comment